Our client is a Toronto based law firm with regional office in Africa. The company is committed to serving its clients with highly experienced and dedicated workforce and their goal is to keep expanding by adding new associates and support staff who share their core value.
The company is looking for a Legal Assistant to join their dynamic team to help further their rapid growth. The ideal candidate will have experience in Real Estate while knowledge in other law practice areas will be an advantage, but not mandatory. The successful candidate will work on Real Estate, Corporate Law and Immigration files. Must be ready to work outside regular business hours when workload demands.
• Assist Lawyers and Immigration Consultants in managing case files, meeting deadlines, meeting clients and providing relevant information
• Handle Real Estate closings and liaise with brokers, banks and property tax department for real estate closings
• Assist Lawyers and Immigration Consultants with the preparation of a variety of immigration applications and submissions
• Communicate with clients in writing and by phone to obtain information relevant to assigned case files
• Collect, organize and review documentation in support of assigned case files while offering additional legal services that would be of benefit to the client
• Maintain client file electronically and in hard copies
• College Diploma or University Degree
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in a law firm.
• Attention to details, multi-tasking and organizational skills
• Good communication skills (verbal and written) as well as proven interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills
How to Apply:
You can apply online or send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications is February 21, 2020. We thank all interested candidates for their submissions. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.